Fairfax County Hosts Small Business Conference May 24
Fairfax County is hosting the annual Vendor Forum, a small business conference, at the Fairfax County Government Center on Thursday, May 24, 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Small business owners are invited to register to attend this conference, which includes workshops and panel discussions on topics geared specifically to the small business community. The event is sponsored by the Small Business Commission and the county’s Department of Purchasing and Supply Management.
The Vendor Forum features a reverse trade show, where participants can network with public procurement professionals and small business experts representing Fairfax County and other local jurisdictions and organizations.
Braddock District Supervisor John C. Cook will kick off the event. The keynote speaker is Gerald L. Gordon, president and CEO, Fairfax County Economic Development Authority.
All Board of Supervisors, Board of Zoning Appeals and Planning Commission meetings are held at the Fairfax County Government Center Board Auditorium, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, unless otherwise noted.
Board of Supervisors Agenda
The Board of Supervisors is scheduled to meet at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, May 22. View on Fairfax County Government Channel 16. Listen/subscribe to the meeting highlights podcast.
* Draft agenda (available 10 days before each meeting).
* For more information, questions or a printed copy of the meeting agenda call the County Executive’s Office at 703-324-2531 (TTY 711) or email.
Board of Supervisors Actions
The Board of Supervisors last met on Tuesday, May 1. The summary of board actions is available by 4 p.m. on the Monday following each meeting.
* For more information, questions or a printed copy of the Clerk’s Board Summary, call the Office of the Clerk to the Board of Supervisors at 703-324-3151 (TTY 703-324-3903) or email.
Board of Zoning Appeals
The Board of Zoning Appeals is scheduled to meet at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, May 23 (no meeting May 30). View on Fairfax County Government Channel 16.
* For more Board of Zoning Appeals information or questions, call the Department of Planning and Zoning at 703-324-1280 (TTY 711) or email.
The Planning Commission is scheduled to meet at 8:15 p.m. on Thursday, May 17, and Thursday, May 31 (no meetings May 23, 24 and 30). View on Fairfax County Government Channel 16.
* Sign up to speak before the Planning Commission. For more Planning Commission information, questions or a printed copy of the agenda, call the Planning Commission office at 703-324-2865 (TTY 703-324-7951) or email.
** Tysons Corner Committee – Thursday, May 24, 7 p.m., Conference Rooms 9/10, Fairfax County Government Center. Continue discussion on financing options for transportation improvements in Tysons.
** Tysons Corner Committee – Wednesday, May 30, 7 p.m., Conference Rooms 2/3, Fairfax County Government Center. Continue discussion on financing options for transportation improvements in Tysons.
** Environment Committee – Thursday, May 31, 7 p.m., Board Conference Room (behind Board Auditorium). Continue discussion on proposed changes to the Green Building Policy.